The goal of this commitment is to support the academic progress of the student-athlete toward intellectual development and, ultimately, graduation from SUNY Poly. Areas of focus include development of sound study skills and habits, goal setting, time management, tutoring services, academic awards, honors, and recognition. Current activities in this area include:
- Tutoring at the Learning Center is available to our students.
- Study skills workshops designed to enhance academic success. Workshops to date have focused on study and reading skill development, and listening and writing skill development.
- Laptops are available for students to sign out for away games.
- SUNY Poly Athletic Department has an Academic Success Coordinator who works closely as a liaison between student-athletes and faculty.
- Awards are given away at the end of the year for highest GPA male student-athlete and highest GPA female student-athlete