COBLESKILL, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's basketball team suffered another heartbreaking loss in double overtime on Tuesday. This time the Wildcats fell to Cobleskill 67-63. The Wildcats are now 0-3 in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play. The game as even a match up as there could be with the halftime score, regulation score and first overtime score being all knotted up.
With the score tied and under a minute to play, the Wildcats committed a foul, sending Cobleskill's Anthony McNeil to the free throw line. McNeil hit one of two at the line to give the Fighting Tigers the lead that would carry the last minute of play. The Tigers would hit another five free throws down the stretch to finish the game. The Wildcats shot 1-4 in the last minute of play.
- Jesse O'Dell (Rotterdam, N.Y.) had a career high 13 points in the game. The freshman big man shot 5-7 from the field and pulled down six rebounds in 31 minutes of play. O'Dell also had two blocks in the game.
- Jaylin Gray (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Malik Johnson (Highland Falls, N.Y.) each had 12 points in the game. Gray had three steals and two assists. Johnson had eight rebounds, a steal, a block, and an assist.
- Josh Gregory (Whitesboro, N.Y.) had a team high 10 rebounds in the game. He also scored 10 points to register his third double-double of the season.
- Cobleskill's Anthony McNeil led all players with 21 points. He also had three blocks, a steal, and four rebounds.
- Dashown Nelson had a double-double for the Fighting Tigers with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
- JayQuan Robinson rounded out Cobleskill's double digit scorers with 13 points in 42 minutes off the bench.
The Wildcats will face local rival Hamilton College on Thursday. The game is scheduled for an 8:00 PM tip-off at Hamilton College.