MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's basketball team earned a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) north division win on Wednesday night 84-65 over Wells College. The Wildcats took a 14 point lead in the first half thanks to a hot start by Josh Gregory (Whitesboro, N.Y.). The kept their foot on the gas in the second, growing their lead to a high point of 21 points late in the second half.
- Josh Gregory had a monster game for the wIdlcats. The sophomore had a double-double with 35 points and 13 rebounds. He shot 50% from three point land, hitting four of eight. He also had a game high four blocks and two assists.
- Redell Freeman (Rochester, N.Y.) scored 16 points for SUNY Poly. The senior had a game high six assists, two steals, and four rebounds.
- Jesse O'Dell (Rotterdam, N.Y.), Malik Johnson (Highland Falls, N.Y.), and Peyton Griffiths (Milford, N.Y.) each scored eight points for Poly. O'Dell had 11 rebounds.
- Rich Ross led the Express with 20 points, six rebounds, three assists, two steals, and a block.
- Jalen Tribble and A.J. Nesci both scored in the double digits for Wells. Tribble scored 13 and Nesci scored 11.
The Wildcats will hit the road to take on NEAC north division rival Cazenovia on Friday, January 18th. The game is scheduled for a 7:00 PM tip-off. This is the second meeting between the two teams this season. Cazenovia took the first game 87-82.