READING, PA. - The SUNY Poly men's basketball team stayed hot on Saturday with a big North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win at Penn State Berks 91-65. The SUNY Poly win gives them six in the NEAC and has them at 6-6 in conference play. In the first half the Wildcats built a big lead and never looked back. They lead by as many as 24 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
The Wildcats had a big performance by senior guard Redell Freeman (Rochester, N.Y.). Freeman was the top scorer with 27 points and went three of four from three-point range. Josh Gregory (Whitesboro, N.Y.) contributed with 19 points and a game high three blocks. The Wildcats played a complete game outscoring Penn St.-Berks in both halves to earn the win on the road.
- The Wildcats had four players with double digit point totals. Redell Freeman had 27, Josh Gregory had 19, Tyshaun Copper (Brooklyn, N.Y.) had 11, and Jake Kulakowski (Brewerton, N.Y.) had 10.
- Malik Johnson (Highland Falls, N.Y.) lead SUNY Poly with six rebounds.
- Latrell Carroll (Philadelphia, PA.) lead Penn St.-Berks with ten rebounds
- The Penn State Berks team was led by a pair of double-digit scorers Brandon Wise (Laurel, MD.) who had 21 and Matt Seip (Harrisburg, PA.) who had 14.
- The key to the Cats success was their shooting percentages. They shot 50% from the field, 44.4% from three-point range, and 76% from the free throw line. Both Freeman and Gregory were 8-11 from the field while "Free" was 3-4 from three and "Jiggy" was 1-2. Both were perfect from the free throw line.
The Wildcats will be coming back home for a three game homestand starting with Penn St.-Abbington. They are scheduled to play the Nittany Lions at 3:00 PM on Saturday Febuary 9th.