MARCY, N.Y. – The Wildcat men's lacrosse team was just a pair of goals shy from their first ever win over Utica College. The Pioneers hot first quarter was just enough to outlast the Wildcats in a 13-12 barn burner. The loss gives the Wildcats a 1-1 season record.
ALMOST A COMEBACK:
Trailing 13-9 with under 10 minutes to go in the game, the Wildcats kicked their game into gear. The team rattled off four straight goals to make it a one goal game with 1:23 to go in the fourth. The Wildcats had a shot to tie up the game, but a pair of last second shots did not find the back of the net, ending the game in favor of the Pioneers.
- Edward Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) had four points in the game. The junior had two goals, two assists, and five ground balls.
- Senior Chase LaCava (Jamesville, N.Y.) also had four points for the Wildcats on two goals and two assists. He also had a ground ball a caused turnover.
- Jacob Elliott (Troy, N.Y.) recorded the first three points of his Wildcat career. The freshman scored two goals, dished out an assists, had a team high six ground balls, an forced a turnover.
- Daniel Rivie (Ossining, N.Y.), Noah Garrett (New Hartford, N.Y.), Daniel Cuddihy (Eden, N.Y.), and Shane Wyman (East Greenbush, N.Y.) all had two points in the game. Rivie and Garrett and Wyman had a goal and an assist. Cuddihy had two goals.
- Charles Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) rounded out the scoring for the Wildcats with a goal in the game. He also played 33 minutes in goal for the Wildcats and recorded three saves.
- Dylan Dunham had a big day for Utica. He had a game high five points on four goals and an assist.
- John Avery had three goals for the Pioneers and also had four caused turnovers.
The Wildcats will wrap up their three game home stand on Thursday, March 7th. The Wildcats will host Farmingdale State at 4:00 PM at Wildcat Field. The Wildcats are 0-2 all-time against the Rams. The two teams have not met in the modern era of Wildcat Lacrosse (2012-present) with their last meeting taking place in 2003.