MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's lacrosse team earned its second win of the season on Wednesday 16-13 over SUNY Canton. The Wildcats led by as many as six goals in the game, but the Roos would not go away easily, making the game interesting down the stretch with a 3-0 run in the fourth to bring the game within three goals. With the win, the Wildcats are now 2-4 in 2019.
- Edward Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) had a career day. The junior scored a SUNY Poly single game high 10 points in the game on four goals and six assists. He surpasses the prior record of nine goals set in 2012 by Kevin Gardavits. He now has 99 career points. Rosaschi also had seven ground balls.
- Daniel Rivie (Ossining, N.Y.) scored three points on two goals and an assist. He is now sitting at 99 career points, which is just nine behind the all-time leader at SUNY Poly.
- Charles Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) and Daniel Cuddihy (Eden, N.Y.) each had three points in the game. Rosaschi scored three goals. Cuddihy had two goals and an assist.
- Jacob Elliott (Troy, N.Y.), Austin Rio (Cicero, N.Y.), and Ryan Mead (Churchville, N.Y.) rounded out the scoring for the Wildcats with one point each.
- Ryan Mead dominated the faceoff circle. He went 11-18.
- Samuel Rubin (Goshen, N.Y.) Earned the win in goal for the Wildcats. The sophomore made eight saves en route to his second win of the season.
- Jason Crandall (Scotia, N.Y.) had a team high three caused turnovers. He also had three ground balls.
- Austin Rio had two caused turnovers and seven groundballs.
- For Canton, Noah Robinson led the way with five points on two goals and three assists.
- Jacob Facey had a team high four goals for the Kangaroos.
- Blaze Benedict had a game high four caused turnovers and a team high six ground balls for Canton.
The Wildcats will take on SUNY Delhi at home on Wednesday, March 27th. The game is scheduled for a 4:00 PM start at SUNY Poly's Wildcat Field.