MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's lacrosse team earned a win over SUNY Delhi at home on Wednesday. The Wildcats and the Broncos played a close game right up until the fourth quarter when a run by the 'Cats opened up the lead to six. The final score of the game was 14-10 in favor of SUNY Poly.
Edward Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) became the third Wildcat in program history to reach the 100 point mark with his assist in the third quarter. He needs just eight more points to surpass the career points record of 108 set by Tyler Serva from 2012-2014.
The Wildcats put together a 5-1 run to open up the last quarter of play thanks in large part to Jake Elliott (Troy, N.Y.) and Chase LaCava (Jamesville, N.Y..) who either scored or assisted on every goal during the run. Elliott had four of his team high five points during the run. LaCava had all three of his points during the run. Ryan Mead (Churchville, N.Y.) was the only other Wildcat who joined the late game scoring party. He scored a goal on an assist by Elliott.
- Charles Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) had a big game for the Wildcats. The senior had a season and team high four goals to bring his season total to 10 goals. He also had a pair of ground balls.
- Jacob Elliott led all Wildcats with five points on three goals and two assists. The five points are a career high for Elliott. He also had six ground balls.
- Austin Rio (Cicero, N.Y.) had a game high four caused turnovers for the Wildcats. He also had a pair of ground balls.
- Chase LaCava had three points on two goals and an assist. He also had two ground balls.
- Shane Wyman (East Greenbush, N.Y.) had two goals and an assist in the game. He also scooped up five ground balls.
- Samuel Rubin (Goshen, N.Y.) earned win number three on the year. He made nine saves in the game to improve his season record to 3-3.
- Ryan Mead went 15-27 in the faceoff circle for the Wildcats bringing his season percentage to 56%. Mead also had a goal and six ground balls in the game.
- Ryan Daucher (Geneva, N.Y.) had six groundballs and three caused turnovers for the Wildcats.
- The majority of the offensive output for the Delhi Broncos came from John Rohan III who had seven goals and an assist. He also had four groundballs.
- Travis Anderson made 14 saves in goal for Delhi but was tagged with his third loss of the season.
- Nick Dower went 12-27 in the faceoff circle for the Broncos. He also had a team high nine ground balls.
The Wildcats will hit the road to take on Alfred State on Saturday, March 30th at 1:00 PM. The Wildcats are 1-0 all-time against the Pioneers.