UTICA, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's soccer team earned their first win of the season on Friday in thrilling fashion. With just two seconds remaining on the game clock and the game tied 1-1, SUNY Poly senior Benjamin Alonge (Elmont, N.Y.) was awarded a penalty-kick. Alonge made the most of the opprutunity, sending his PK shot into the back of the net to win the game for the Wildcats. The win was the first of the season for the Wildcats.
- Benjamin Alonge scored the game winning goal in the game on two shot attempts.
- Jamar Gayle (Kingston, Jamaica) also had a goal in the game. His goal was scored in the 67th minute off a free kick assist by Richie Morris (Spanish Town, Jamaica).
- Nathan Laughlin (Cohoes, N.Y.) made seven saves in the game to earn win number one this season.
- Utica's Julian Fonseca scored the lone goal for the Pioneers. He took three shots in the game.
- Jonathan Side made four saves in goal for the Pioneers.
- The Wildcats were out shot 13-10 in the game.
The Wildcats will have a week off before their next game. The team will travel to SUNY Canton next Saturday to take on the Roos in a non-conference game. The two teams met last season, with Canton earning a 2-0 win.