MARCY, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly men's volleyball team (8-13) improved to 3-1 in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play on Saturday with a convincing 3-0 win over the D'Youville Spartans (6-13, 2-3 NEAC) 25-20, 25-18, 25-17.
The Wildcats hit an outstanding .390 in the match as a team and out served the Spartans with 10 total service aces to D'Youvilles two.
- Ryan Gloff (Brockport, N.Y.) continued his hot streak, amassing a team high 10 kills on 23 swings. He hit .348, had two service aces, and a dig. He now has 140 kills this season and is hitting .371 in conference play.
- Donovan Suguitan (Clifton Park, N.Y.) had nine kills in the match. He hit .421 on 19 swings and had just one hitting error in the match. Donovan also had two service aces, three digs, and the Wildcats lone solo block.
- Max Szuba (Irondequoit, N.Y.) had eight kills on 25 swings and had an ace, five digs, and a block assist. He currently leads the Wildcats with 161 kills this season.
- Zach Goggin (Feeding Hills, Mass.) had 38 assists in the three set match. Goggin also had three kills, seven digs, two block assists, and an ace.
- D'Youville's Pat Stroh had a match high 11 kills on 31 swings. He also had a match high nine digs and two block assists.
The Wildcats will hit the road to take on NEAC foe Lancaster Bible. The Chargers are currently leading the NEAC with a 4-0 conference record and a 17-4 overall record. The match is scheduled for a 6:00 PM start on Friday, March 30th. The Wildcats are 6-0 all-time against the Chargers.