MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's volleyball won a thrilling five set match on Wednesday to improve their season record to 3-2. The Wildcats took down non-conference opponent Sage College in five sets, 22-25, 25-19, 25-22, 23-25, 15-10. The Wildcats played a solid all around match. They had three players with double digit kill totals.
- Donovan Suguitan (Clifton Park, N.Y.) played a great match for the Wildcats. The sophomore had 15 kills on 38 swings. He also had seven digs, three service aces, and three total blocks.
- Max Szuba (Irondequoit, N.Y.) also had 15 kills on 38 swings. Szuba had six digs.
- Connor Schultz had 13 kills, hitting a team high .522 on 23 swings. He also had four block assists and a dig.
- Andrew Bertino (Spencerport, N.Y.) had a match high 12 digs for the Wildcats. He also had a service ace.
- Brian Malsan (Slingerlands, N.Y.) had 10 digs for SUNY Poly.
- Matt Russo (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) played a well rounded game for the Wildcats. The freshman had seven kills, three service aces, three block assists, and a dig.
- Adam Beitz (Brewerton, N.Y.) had a solid game setting the table for the Wildcats. The junior had 49 assists.
- Jarod Martel had a match high 17 kills in the match. He also had 11 digs and a service ace.
- Scott Sanders had 15 kills for Sage. He finished the match with a .542 hitting percentage and a block assist.
- Ryan Jennings, the setter for Sage, had 50 assists in the match.
The Wildcats will compete in the 2019 Golden Flyer Invitational this upcoming weekend. The 'Cats will play three matches over two days. Their first match of the tournament is on Friday, February 1st at 8:00 PM against St. Johns Fisher. SUNY Poly will also face Hiram and Nazareth in Rochester on Saturday.