MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's volleyball team hosted a tri-match on Saturday, featuring North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) rival Wells College and non-conference opponent Rivier. The Wildcats went 1-1 in their two matches, earning their first NEAC win of the season 3-1 over Wells and losing to Rivier 0-3. The Wildcats are now 5-5 overall with a 1-0 NEAC record.
The Wildcats took down Wells in four sets 25-22, 24-26, 26-24, 31-29. SUNY Poly hit .246 in the match, had 10 service aces, and four total blocks. Wells hit .241, had four service aces, and had 10 total blocks.
- Max Szuba (Irondequoit, N.Y.) had a match high 18 kills for the Wildcats. He hit .350 on 40 swings and had 10 digs.
- Donovan Suguitan (Clifton Park, N.Y.) played a solid match. He recorded 15 kills, two service aces, and six digs.
- Piotr Kasza (Queens, N.Y.) had a match high 49 assists in the game. The senior also had a block assist, 12 digs and four service aces.
- Brian Malsan (Slingerlands, N.Y.) had a match high 18 digs and five assists.
- Robert Patzer and Caden O'Loughlin each had 16 kills for Wells. O'Loughlin had a solid .267 hitting percentage with seven digs. Patzer had a service ace and a team high three block assists.
The Wildcats played a very solid Rivier team in their second match. The Wildcats fell in three sets, 15-25, 23-25, 17-25.
- Donovan Suguitan had a team high nine kills in the match on 27 swings.
- Piotr Kasza had 21 assists, bringing his weekend total to 70. He also had a team high seven digs.
- Bailey Bonville (Waterford, N.Y.) and Garrett Hassard (Oneonta, N.Y.) each had two block assists in the match. Bonville had three kills and two digs. Hassard had two kills and a dig.
- Cam Roth and Francis Kokoros led Rivier with 10 kills each. Roth finished with a .304 hitting percentage and Kokoros hit .273.
The Wildcats will host NEAC rival Keuka College on Sunday in a single conference match. The game is scheduled for a 2:00 PM start at SUNY Poly's Wildcat Field House.