RIVERDALE, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's volleyball team split a pair of matches at Mt. St. Vincent on Sunday, losing to Wentworth in three sets and beating the host Mt. St. Vincent in three sets. The Wildcats played three tight sets with the Wentworth Leopards losing all three 22-25. The second match was a dominant win over the Mt. St. Vincent Dolphins 25-11, 25-10, 25-18.
- Donovan Suguitan (Clifton Park, N.Y.) and Max Szuba (Irondequoit, N.Y.) each had a match high 11 kills. Szuba hit .417 on 24 swings and had nine digs. Suguitan hit .100 on 40 swings, had three digs, and three block assists.
- Connor Schultz (Lancaster, N.Y.) had seven kills on 13 swings. He also had two digs, a block assist, and a solo block.
- Brian Malsan (Slingerlands, N.Y.) had a team high 11 digs for the Wildcats.
- Matthew Russo (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) was the game's leading blocker. He had five block assists and a solo block. He also had four kills.
- Piotr Kasza (Queens, N.Y.) had 37 assists, three digs, and two block assists for the 'Cats.
- SUNY Poly had just one service ace as a team in the match.
- Lorenzo Kwolek (Glenville, N.Y.) had a game high 11 kills in the match for the Wildcats. The 11 kills match his career high. He also had five digs and a service ace.
- Tyler Carpenter (Rochester, N.Y.) and Ryan Gloff (Brockport, N.Y.) each had six kills in the match. Carpenter had five digs and a match high four service aces. Gloff had a dig and a block assist.
- Adam Beitz (Brewerton, N.Y.) had 30 assists in the win. The junior also had two service aces and two digs.
- Brian Malsan had a team high nine digs and an assist.
The Wildcats will travel to Morristown, N.J. on Friday, March 22nd for a North Eastern Athletic Conference match against the St. Elizabeth Eagles. The match is scheduled for a 7:00 PM start.