MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team earned their sixth win of the season on Wednesday 85-75 over Medaille. The Wildcats won the game at the free throw line, knocking down a season high 24 from the charity stripe and shooting over 70% from the line. The Wildcats were also very efficient from the floor, shooting 51% from the field and 44% from three point land.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
The Wildcats Took a six point lead in the first half behind strong scoring by Molly Burdick who scored 18 of her 26 points in the first half. In the third quarter, Medaille fought their way back into the game, taking an eight point lead. The Wildcats had one of their strongest scoring quarters of the season, scoring 33 points while holding the Mavericks to just 15 points.
- Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) had a game high 26 points and seven rebounds. She shot 61% from the field and knocked down three 3-pointers. The freshman also had a game high three blocks.
- Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) had 25 points for the Wildcats. 14 of her points came from the free throw line, where she went 14-19 (74%). Leos also had a team high six assists, two steals, and three rebounds.
- Taylor Aybar (Woodside, N.Y.) had 11 points, a game high seven steals, three assists, and five rebounds for the Wildcats.
- Cassidy Albright (New York Mills, N.Y.) had an extremely efficient game for the Wildcats. The junior scored 10 points on 4-4 shooting and knocked both three pointers that she took. She also had three steals, an assist, and three rebounds in 21 minutes.
- Shannon Harrison (Holland Patent, N.Y.) had a solid game for the Wildcats. She scored eight points, had five steals, three assists, a block and a rebound.
- Ranya Rumph had a team high 19 points and seven rebounds for Medaille.
- Brenna Walker had 17 points and seven rebounds for the Mavericks.
The Wildcats will travel to Huntingdon, Pennsylvania for the Juniata College Holiday Classic. The Wildcats will play the host Eagles on Friday, December 21st. The game is scheduled for an 8:00 PM tip-off.