HUNTINGDON, PA. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team wrapped up their fall semester schedule with a pair of games at the Juniata College Holiday Classic Tournament. The Wildcats faced host Juniata on Friday, defeating them 66-55 in the first game of the tournament. On Saturday, the Wildcats faced St. Vincent, losing 65-90. Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) and Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) were named to the All-Tournament Team.
The Wildcats and Juniata played a tight first half with the Wildcats holding a slim one point lead. Poly would turn up the heat in the third, outscoring Juniata 21-13 thanks in large part to an 11 point quarter by Molly Burdick and eight team steals in the quarter. The Wildcats would finish strong, again outscoring Juniata in the fourth to earn the 66-55 win.
- Molly Burdick had a game high 26 points in the game. She was just a rebound shy of a double-double with six offensive and three defensive rebounds. She also had five steals and a team high three blocks.
- Kiersten Leos scored 16 points, had six rebounds, two assists, and four steals in the game.
- Taylor Aybar (Woodside, N.Y.) had a game high seven steals, a team high six assists, and nine points for SUNY Poly.
The Wildcats suffered a loss in their second game of the Tournament. St. Vincent put on an offensive clinic in the game, scoring 90 points and shooting 51.5% from the field. The Wildcats had a season high 23 turnovers in the game which was a big part of the loss.
- Kiersten Leos scored 20 points in the game on 6-15 shooting. She also had a steal and three rebounds.
- Molly Burdick was again just a rebound shy of a double-double in the game. She had 15 points and nine rebounds.
- Rylie Smith (St. Johnsville, N.Y.) rounded out the double-digit scorers for the Wildcats. The senior had 11 points, two rebounds and an assist.
The Wildcats will open up the new year on the road. The 'Cats will take on Alfred State on Monday, January 7th at 1:00 PM.