MARCY, N.Y. – The SUY Poly women's basketball team earned their 12th North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win on Saturday 69-50 over Penn State Abington. The Wildcats shot an outstanding 52.1% from the field in the win and shot a perfect 10-10 in the fourth quarter, which included five three pointers. The win still has the Wildcats tied with Keuka atop the NEAC North Division at 7-1 as the Wolves defeated Gallaudet this afternoon.
- The Wildcats had four players with 10 or more points in the game. As a team, SUNY Poly shot 50% from three-point range.
- Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) scored a game high 24 points and was just a rebound shy of a double-double. Burdick shot 60% from the field and knocked down five three pointers. She also had three assists and a block.
- Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) scored 18 points on 5-9 shooting from the field. The junior is now just two points shy of joining the 1,000 point club at SUNY Poly. She had a game high four assists and three rebounds.
- Rylie Smith (St. Johnsville, N.Y.) and Jaida Washington (Elmira, N.Y.) rounded out the double digit scoring with 13 and 10 points respectively. Smith hit two three pointers and had five rebounds. Washington had seven rebounds and a game high three blocks.
- Shayna Rodriguez had a team high 16 points for Abington.
- Laquana Nagbe had 11 points and a team high nine rebounds.
The Wildcats will host St. Elizabeth on Sunday at SUNY Poly's Campus Center Gym. The team will celebrate senior day before the game with a short ceremony to honor the Wildcats lone senior Rylie Smith. The game is scheduled for a 12:00 PM tip-off.