MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's lacrosse team (1-1) earned a blowout win over the Saxons of Alfred University (0-2) in their first win of the 2018 season. The win was Head Coach Jaimie Elderbroom her first at the helm of the program.
The game started with a big career milestone for Wildcat attack Mari Ames (West Carthage, N.Y.). The senior netted her first goal of the game in the 27th minute to reach the 200 point mark. As for the rest of the game, the outcome was never in doubt for the Wildcats who got out to a commanding seven goal lead in the first ten minutes. The rest was smooth sailing, as the Wildcats continued to add to their lead. The final score was 19-3.
- Mari Ames had a game high ten points with five goals and five assists. The 10 points give her 12 on the season and 209 in her career.
- Kayla Prosinski (Endwell, N.Y.)had nine points with eight goals and one assist. She won a game high six draw controls and had a game high seven caused turnovers.
- Jennifer Maxam (Clinton, N.Y.) scored four goals in the game. The junior also had two caused turnovers and two groundballs in the game.
- Megan Will (Remsen, N.Y.) had four saves on seven shots for the Wildcats and earned her first win of the 2018 season.
- Adrianna Marcolin (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) and Nakeya Stedman (Sauquoit, N.Y.) scored their first career goals in the game.
- Miranda Gilbert had three points for Alfred on three goals. She has now scored all four goals this season for the Saxons.
- Shannon Gray, the goal keeper for the Saxons, finished with eight saves.
The Wildcats will host the Highlanders of Houghton on Saturday, March 17. The game is scheduled for a 1:00 pm start. The Wildcats are 1-0 all-time against the Highlanders.