Cazenovia, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's lacrosse team (4-9, 2-6 NEAC) saw a conference loss to the Wildcats of Cazenovia (3-10, 2-5 NEAC) in the matchup held at Cazenovia College this Wednesday.
The Wildcats of SUNY Poly saw an even matchup against the hosting Wildcats of Cazenovia. The first half was a back and forth battle with Cazenovia. Cazenovia took an early lead, with SUNY Poly trailing right behind. The second half saw the same action as Cazenovia continued to push their lead forward. SUNY Poly started closing in, bringing their deficit to one. The final score favored Cazenovia 11-10.
- Mari Ames (Carthage, N.Y.) had a team high of four points with one goal and three assists for SUNY Poly. She now brings her total career points to 252.
- Kayla Prosinski (Endwell, N.Y.) had two goals for SUNY Poly as well as picking up three groundballs and winning six draw controls.
- Jennifer Maxam (Clinton, N.Y.) scored two goals for SUNY Poly. Maxam also picked up two groundballs and had two caused turnovers.
- Breana Howe finished with five goals for Cazenovia.
- Lauren Gee had one goal and four assists for Cazenoiva.
- Goalkeeper Amanda Drazek finished with 13 saves in the victory for Cazenovia.
The Wildcats will hit the road to face the Chargers of Lancaster Bible in their last regular season game. The game set for a 1:00 PM start on Saturday April 28th.